Los Angeles Aviation Accident Attorney
Even though plane crashes are not as common as motor vehicle and train crashes, aviation accidents still occur. These accidents are dangerous and often leave victims with serious and catastrophic injuries or even death. However, the law entitles victims and their families to compensation, especially in an accident due to someone else’s negligence.
Airplane accidents and helicopter crashes are often subject to complex state and federal laws requiring an experienced aviation accident attorney to help you pursue fair compensation. With millions of dollars in damages at stake, many airlines limit the amount you can seek as a settlement in a personal injury case. Generally, aviation accidents claims are highly technical and complex.
If you are in Los Angeles, CA, and you or a loved one is a victim of an aviation accident, we are here for you. Our skilled and experienced Los Angeles aviation accident attorneys are committed to helping you and your family get the compensation you need and deserve. We will also help you pursue a wrongful death claim if you have lost a loved one to a plane crash.
Common Causes of Aviation and Airplane Accidents
While many factors can lead to an aviation accident, some are more common than others. Some of the most common causes of aviation and airplane accidents include:
- Pilot Error: Human piloting error causes approximately half of all airplane and helicopter crashes. Typically, pilots have a highly technical job, and mistakes or negligent behavior can be fatal.
- Air traffic controller error. Pilots rely on air traffic controllers for essential information, including landing and takeoff schedules, fuel, and weather. Negligence in air traffic control, including giving the wrong information, can easily lead to an aviation accident.
- Bad weather conditions. Weather is sometimes unpredictable, and pilots can have difficulty maneuvering in bad weather conditions, increasing the risk of an aviation accident. Bad weather accounts for approximately 10% of all plane crashes.
- Mechanical failure or equipment malfunction: A malfunction or a mechanical defect of any airplane or helicopter parts can lead to an accident. Mechanical issues cause approximately 20% of reported aviation accidents.
- Other causes. Other factors that can lead to a plane crash include hazardous cargo, birds getting sucked into engines, sabotage by hijackers, and poor runway maintenance.
Legal Liability in an Aviation Accident
Some of the parties that can be held liable for damages in an aviation accident include:
- Airplane companies
- Air traffic controllers
- Other employees
- Maintenance and runway crew
- Airplane manufacturers
Finding the Right Aviation Accident Attorney
Specific laws regulate the different types of planes, including private, military, and commercial airplanes. A good lawyer should be aware of these distinctions. They should also be skilled and seasoned in your type of aviation accident case. The attorney should also be able to help you connect with other victims for a class-action lawsuit.
What to Do After an Aviation Accident
After a plane crash, the first thing you should do is to ensure your safety and seek medical treatment. If possible, you should also take pictures of the crash and your injuries. You should also get the contact information of the other victims or witnesses of the accident. It is also critical to contact an aviation accident lawyer about the accident. You should not speak with the airline’s insurance company or legal team without a lawyer.
Contact a Los Angeles Aviation Accident Attorney
Aviation accident claims are often complex, considering the high regulation of the aviation industry. However, despite these challenges, you should not accept an unfair settlement. If you are in Los Angeles, and you or a loved one is a victim of an aviation accident, do not worry. Our skilled Los Angeles aviation accident attorneys at Heidari Law Group have broad experience dealing with different aviation accident cases and will help you get the compensation you need and deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and to learn more about our services.
Get a Free Consultation
If you need a personal injury attorney with a history of success, good communication at all stages of your case, and who will help you manage and settle your case call Abogados Con Experiencia. We will handle your case so that you can heal and put your life back together.
Are we a good fit?
- Have you suffered injuries in an accident that was caused by someone else?
- Does the person who is responsible for these damages have insurance?
- Were there significant injuries that caused hospital visits or missed work?
- Did the accident happen within the last 24 months?
If you answered YES to ALL of the questions, Abogados Con Experiencia may be a good option. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. Our team will lay out your options and answer all of your questions regarding your potential case. It is our job to determine how to best protect your rights and minimize the impact of an injury caused by another’s carelessness thus giving you the ability to focus on recovery.