Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyers
Buses are a common feature of America’s public transport system, especially in big cities like Las Vegas, Nevada. From metros to school and tour buses, thousands of Las Vegas residents and tourists use buses to move from one part of the city to another. As a mode of transport, buses are reliable, safe, economical, and environmentally friendly.
However, bus accidents tend to be more dangerous than car accidents, primarily due to the immense size of the vehicle and a large number of occupants on board. With around 70,000 bus accidents occurring annually across the United States, bus accident-related personal injury claims are common.
Whether you sustained your injuries in a school, tour, public transport, or commercial bus, Nevada laws entitle you to compensation for damages. If you or a loved one has recently suffered injuries in a Las Vegas bus accident, we are here for you. Our experienced Las Vegas bus accident attorneys at Heidari Law Group will help you get fair compensation for your injuries and other damages.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Besides being one of America’s most prominent tourist cities, Las Vegas is also home to some of the nation’s most dangerous drivers. Accordingly, road accidents, including those involving buses, are common in the city. While negligent drivers are to blame for most bus accidents, there are other causes. Some of the most common causes of bus accidents in Las Vegas include:
- Negligent driving. While the law imposes a higher duty of care on bus drivers compared to other drivers, there are still reckless driving cases among bus drivers. The recklessness is usually in the form of drunk driving, over-speeding, and a general failure to observe traffic rules.
- Driver fatigue. While fatigue may be due to various factors, most bus drivers are fatigued due to overworking. Fatigued drivers are susceptible to poor judgment and distractions on the road and may end up causing accidents.
- Poor maintenance of buses. Even though buses transport as many passengers as airplanes, they are not subject to similar maintenance standards. Neglecting critical safety regulations, including inspections, increases the likelihood of buses malfunctioning on the road and causing an accident.
- Dangerous road conditions. Poor road conditions, including improper signage, potholes, and poor road designs, make the roadways dangerous for bus drivers and other road users. Dangerous and poorly maintained roadways make buses prone to accidents.
- Other Causes. Other common causes of bus accidents include inexperienced or incompetent bus drivers, bad weather, defective vehicle parts, blind spots, and left turns.
Common Bus Accident Injuries
Considering the causes and nature of bus accidents, they usually leave their victims with severe and catastrophic injuries. Some of the common bus accident injuries include:
- Brain injuries and concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe fractures, sprains, and broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, and other soft tissue injuries
- Burns injuries
- Facial injuries and disfigurements
In addition to the physical injuries, bus accidents may also leave victims emotionally scarred.
Las Vegas Bus Accidents Claims
More than one party may be at fault for a Las Vegas bus accident, including the bus driver, the bus company, another driver, and government agencies. The aspect of multiple defendants can complicate a bus accident’s claim. While Nevada law seeks to hold the at-fault parties liable and entitles victims to recover compensation, it also requires the victims to prove that the defendant(s) was negligent.
The law requires you to prove that:
- the defendant(s) owed you a duty of care, and
- by their actions, they breached that duty of care, and
- the breach of duty was the cause of the accident that directly injured you and caused other damages
Besides the doctrine of negligence and multiple defendants, other legal concepts complicating bus accident claims include the statute of limitations and vicarious liability. Class action lawsuits where victims consolidate their bus accident claims are also common. In such a case, an experienced bus accident lawyer can help you connect with the other victims.
What to Do After Being Involved in a Las Vegas Bus Accident
Following a bus accident, the first two things you should do are calling the police and seeking medical treatment. A police account of the accident and a medical report are critical elements when seeking compensation. Where possible, you should also take pictures of the crash scene and get the contact information of witnesses and other victims.
It is also essential to follow your doctor’s recommendations to avoid downplaying your injuries or allowing insurance companies to reduce or deny you compensation. However, you should consult a skilled bus accident attorney to help you through the accident, including dealing with insurance companies and filing a personal injury claim if necessary.
Contact a Las Vegas Bus Accident Lawyer
Bus accident claims involve various complex legal concepts, including multiple defendants and vicarious liability. While it can be hard for you as a victim to identify the at-fault party, a skilled and experienced bus accident lawyer can help you through the confusion. At Heidari Law Group, our Las Vegas bus accident lawyers have broad experience dealing with bus accidents. We are committed to helping you get the compensation you need and deserve for your damages. We will also help you pursue a wrongful death claim if you have lost a loved one in a bus accident. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about our services.
Get a Free Consultation
If you need a personal injury attorney with a history of success, good communication at all stages of your case, and who will help you manage and settle your case call Abogados Con Experiencia. We will handle your case so that you can heal and put your life back together.
Are we a good fit?
- Have you suffered injuries in an accident that was caused by someone else?
- Does the person who is responsible for these damages have insurance?
- Were there significant injuries that caused hospital visits or missed work?
- Did the accident happen within the last 24 months?
If you answered YES to ALL of the questions, Abogados Con Experiencia may be a good option. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. Our team will lay out your options and answer all of your questions regarding your potential case. It is our job to determine how to best protect your rights and minimize the impact of an injury caused by another’s carelessness thus giving you the ability to focus on recovery.